Re: Content-Length wrong?

(I tried to reply on this already, but some cle(a)ver person managed
 to cut the intra-campus fiber network today afternoon, and they didn't
 fix it right away "because business hours are ending, and your contract
 does not state 'any time of day'"..  Damn bureaucrats - especially
 as they did cut wrong fiber in the first place..)

> Hi,
>
> after I switched to Zmailer, some people noted that my Content-Length:
> headers are wrong. Apparently, SMTP recodes to quoted-printable, and the
> thing is left alone.
>
> Hmm. Should that header be tossed? If so, where? crossbar.cf?

	Yes, preferrably overboard..

	General problem is that headers are written out before body
	becomes converted in any way  ->  there is no advanced
	knowledge of what the body will be of size.

	If you need it in your LOCAL mail-spool/files, that is
	relatively easy to do (lseek() back to proper offset,
	and rewrite it, once the correct value is known..)

	If it is desided to be valid at pipes, or when feeding
	over SMTP, it needs to be processed twice, at first without
	outputing it, then with output -- or outputing it into
	a temporary file, and then copying that result to the
	destination.  Both approaches have their problems, but
	I might choose "process twice", as it would not need
	disk-space for temporary file..

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi> <mea@utu.fi>