Re: releasing version 2.99.24 ...

On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> The ``mailq'' output has changed a bit, you must edit  scheduler/qprint.c
> to get the old output back, new one is visible when you give ``Q''-
> option to the ``mailq'' -- give ``-QQ'', and you get abridged report.
> It tells about threads, and their scheduling status, not necessarily
> what happened to the message.

In 2.99.23 and in earlier versions, if I issue a 'mailq -s' or just a
'mailq' command, I would get a list of the mail queue along with a
line for each message describing destination host and status.  Now I
simply get

0 entries in router queue: idle
2 messages in transport queue: working
Transport queue is empty

or just "Transport queue is empty".  However, if I give it a -Q
option, then I get the different output format you describe with all
the status information.  Is this intentional?  I don't think it should
say "Transport queue is empty" if there are, indeed, messages in the
transport queue.

Roy
rcb@press-gopher.uchicago.edu