serious flaw in zmailer 2.99.23

I've just noticed that 2.99.23 does some serious damage to both the 'From:'
and 'To:' lines for the following case:

following the older localnames behavior in standard.cf:

if [ -f $MAILVAR/db/localnames ]; then
    relation -lt unordered -f $MAILVAR/db/localnames -d pathalias -b thishost

I have the following entries in db/localnames for equivocal hosts on this
machine:

IN.Edmonton.AB.CA
laddie.Phys.UAlberta.CA

Local transport occurs when I send from laddie to the IN.Edmonton.AB.CA
domain. The router log shows:

<96Jan1.132601-0700mdt.31145+1@laddie.Phys.UAlberta.Ca>: address: jmack
<96Jan1.132601-0700mdt.31145+1@laddie.Phys.UAlberta.Ca>: file: 31145
James MacKinnon <jmack> => jmack@IN.Edmonton.AB.CA
<96Jan1.132601-0700mdt.31145+1@laddie.Phys.UAlberta.Ca>: address:
jmack@IN.Edmonton.AB.CA
<96Jan1.132601-0700mdt.31145+1@laddie.Phys.UAlberta.Ca>: recipient: local
jmack@IN.Edmonton.AB.CA jmack
<96Jan1.132601-0700mdt.31145+1@laddie.Phys.UAlberta.Ca>: info: uid 2 gid
0 size 70 headersize 48 bodysize 22 now 820527961 de
lay 6 resent no trusted yes

But when the message is delivered via a local mailbox action, the headers get
re-written in a totally unacceptible form: