router eating sick amounts of core

On a sun4/380 running sunos4.1.3, zmailer's router grows to about 80MB
of ram and hovers around 83MB for the rest of it's life.  Many times
it segfaults and leaves a heavily (300k!!!) core file so there is no
hope of me trying to throw a debugger on this puppy.

I recall reading that there are some memory problems when expanding
large mailing lists.  This site runs about 70 or so majordomo lists,
most have over 2,000 subscribers per list.  I was hoping that zmailer
would make my site humm, but it's just eating a lot of ram and doing
worse than sendmail ever did.

In the meantime, I imagine that the router is caching the smtp
information as it expands new list postings.  Is there a way to config
the router to not cache everything or to do less caching?

Or do people suspect memory leakage?  I'm using a pretty trustworthy
resolver library to link against, so I don't suspect that to be the
problem.

Oh, and this is with the latest rev. of zmailer by mea on ftp.funet.fi.
(2.99.21 I believe).

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu