Processing of From: lines...

In our current networking setup I would like to be able to process the
From: lines in the message headers. I know that this is highly non-standard,
but due to a multitude of non-configurable mailers in our subdomains non-
the-less quite desirable. I have analyzed the flow of events in Zmailer
2.2e8, but it appears to me that the From: line is dumped/generated long
before any of the scripts can get a hold of it. I see how the e and s specs
in the envelope can be rewriten (using crossbar()), but I have found no
way (short of calling external programs) in rewriting the header From:
lines.

Thank you in advance,
Jens Petersohn
System Manager and Postmaster