Re: Data 250 error when sending from some winsock applications.

> On Fri, 3 Nov 1995, Tom Samplonius wrote:
>
> > > An error occurred talking to the mailhost (DATA): "250 Ok"
> >
> >   Failure to reconize continuation lines violates RFC 821.
>
> Is there any way to disable the the continuation lines?
>
> Otherwise I have to run sendmail on a machine to handle all mail from POP
> users. I cant really tell my users to stop using their clients with bugs
> (I would love to be able to), but we are an commercial ISP.
>
> Also I have seen a lot of junk from some clients when doing their HELO.
> (High ascii garbage from ie Eudora).

	Oh dear...  In the next version (2.99.21) the  smtpserver
	can be ordered to be "gullible" (as opposite to "skeptical")
	by means of "-g" -switch.

	It makes "HELO" processing gullible (and "HELO" too)
	just for your needs..

	... but I have one difficult bug to hunt in the scheduler-new
	before that -- it appears only (?) at SPARCs, and not at
	OSF/1 AXP :-(  ("unhappy" because on OSF/1 AXP I have a good
	memory debugger, one which is as good as Purify on SPARC.. on
	which I don't have it..)

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>