new-scheduler-2.99.19 problem!

Hello,

I started to test out the power of new scheduler 2.99.19 on my SunOS platform.
But problem comes out once I shoot out a thread to deliver to a site that
can't accept the connection.  Naturally, the scheduler should try again
on next schedule time.  However, no smtp transporter is created after time
up  (I have set idlemax < 1st reschedule time and that why the previous
born transporter has already passed away).

>From the mailq output, it shows weird thing that transporter with pid 0
is running but actually 'ps' shows no process is created by scheduler.

> [mail.ust.hk]
> 0 entries in router queue: non-local
> 1 message in transport queue: non-local
> smtp/sun.ust.hk:
> 	8238-2:	500 (connect to sun.ust.hk [143.89.51.152]: Connection refused) (running now pid=0 touched, expires in 2h53m21s)
> 	  id	<95Oct21.204108hkt.8238-2+1@mail.ust.hk>
> 	  from	Operator <root>
> 	  to	noboby@sun.ust.hk

Eventually, I let it away and mailq find showing the same thing after 3h
and also the expiry time shows an impossible value.

I don't know whether this release is only tested out on OSF/1 platform that
*.funet.fi running on.  But I think it's not usable on my SunOS mail server.
Anyway, I still stick with my old 2.99.15. ;(

Lai Yiu Fai                       |  Tel.:       (852) 2358-6202
Centre of Computing Services      |  Fax.:       (852) 2358-0967
 & Telecommunications             |  E-mail:     ccyflai@uxmail.ust.hk

The Hong Kong University of       |  Clear Water Bay,
Science & Technology              |  Kowloon, Hong Kong.