PUNTHOST variable clarification needed

Hi,

I'm new to this Z-mailer thing and I finally have it set up correctly on
our Sun Sparcstation-2 running SunOS 4.1.2.  What held me back for a long
time was that I was puzzled about why local mail always went to the
PUNTHOST.  In reading the documentation, I was under the impression it
would only do that if for some reason the mail could not be delivered to
the local user or no such local user exists.  But, looking back through
the mailing list archives, it seems that if PUNTHOST is defined, then mail
to any local users will go to it.  Is the latter interpretation correct?
If so, then I believe the documentation and example configuration should
be clarified on this point.

Roy Bixler
Univ. of Chicago Press
rcb@press-gopher.uchicago.edu