zmailer scheduler problem

I am running zmailer-2.99.15 and quite satisfied with the robustness and
performance.  However, it has a problem in scheduler when delivering multiple
mails on a single SMTP session to a host.

Scheduler seems group all the mails that addressed to same destination and
deliver on a single SMTP session to that host.  Whenever there's a SMTP
error response in one mail, it causes all other undelivered mail returned
with the same error response.

Followings is the scheduler logfile:

poalanng@usthk.ust.hk is unknown user but ccsamuel@usthk.ust.hk,
ccsyau@usthk.ust.hk and ccwilson@usthk.ust.hk are all valid users in our
host.  And I don't know why the SMTP session for those valid users contain
some unrelated SMTP transaction.

/usr/lib/zmailer/bin/ta/smtp: 26535/135/poalanng@usthk.ust.hkfailed553 ( unknown or illegal user: poalanng@usthk.ust.hk)/error
<<- RCPT To:<poalanng@usthk.ust.hk>
->> 553 unknown or illegal user: poalanng@usthk.ust.hk
/usr/lib/zmailer/bin/ta/smtp: 26468/133/ccsamuel@usthk.ust.hkfailed553 ( unknown or illegal user: poalanng@usthk.ust.hk)/error
<<- RCPT To:<poalanng@usthk.ust.hk>
->> 553 unknown or illegal user: poalanng@usthk.ust.hk
<<- RSET
->> 250 Ok.
/usr/lib/zmailer/bin/ta/smtp: 26471/124/CCSYAU@usthk.ust.hkfailed553 ( unknown or illegal user: poalanng@usthk.ust.hk)/error
/usr/lib/zmailer/bin/ta/smtp: 26517/640/ccwilson@usthk.ust.hkfailed553 ( unknown or illegal user: poalanng@usthk.ust.hk)/error
<<- RCPT To:<poalanng@usthk.ust.hk>
->> 553 unknown or illegal user: poalanng@usthk.ust.hk
<<- RSET
->> 250 Ok.

I think the scheduler is messed up for this case.  It will happen most
frequent when our host usthk.ust.hk is down and then up afterward, all
the mails that can't deliver to it will gang schedule to deliver to a
single SMTP session.

Does anyone has the same error in your site?  Does it help if I removed
the option "gangschedule" in our scheduler.conf "smtp/usthk.ust.hk" ?

Lai Yiu Fai                       |  Tel.:       (852) 2358-6202
Centre of Computing Services      |  Fax.:       (852) 2358-0967
 & Telecommunications             |  E-mail:     ccyflai@uxmail.ust.hk

The Hong Kong University of       |  Clear Water Bay,
Science & Technology              |  Kowloon, Hong Kong.