[Raw Msg Headers][Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: why does smtpserver restrict quote in argument to router for verification
- To: Nicholas_Briggs.PARC@xerox.com
- Subject: Re: why does smtpserver restrict quote in argument to router for verification
- From: Matti Aarnio <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 09:35:36 +0300 (EET DST)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: <95Sep7.110911pdt."16303(15)"@alpha.xerox.com> from "Nicholas_Briggs.PARC@xerox.com" at Sep 7, 95 11:08:42 am
[ I hope Nick doesn't object me to publicize this answer to him.. ]
> I think I found the real reason why it restricts quote:
> When you're doing verification is just passes the address off as
> server from '%s'
> where the address, taken directly from the "MAIL FROM: <...>" goes in as the
> %s -- if the address contains a single quote you *must* process the address
> string to escape the quote mark -- Blech!
Right, Now the feeder code does process quotes. (2.99.16)
Apparently the config leaves something to desire, but at
least it doesn't crash...
550 no such user: <O'Niell> <-- genuine answer
550 no such user: </dev/null> <-- alias to "nobody"..
250 Matti Aarnio <mea> <-- ok