ZMailer-2.99.15 is now out..

Location:

	ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/mail/zmailer/

Highlights:

	Scheduler doesn't get itself confused by making unnecessary
	directories into $POSTOFFICE/scheduler/, in fact now only
	directory that the scheduler uses is  $POSTOFFICE/transport/

	In fact the scheduler is pretty FAST now :-)
	(And I have plans to speed it up further.)

	Incorporated Lehigh's AIX-port into main source (didn't try
	it though..)

	Improved LINUX and DEC OSF/1v3.* ports a bit.

	Fixed within router the "trace all" so that it doesn't anymore
	choke on debug output

	Improved (I hope) error processing in the scheduler so that it
	will now get locally defined senders as target addresses for
	error reports of email deliveries.

	Made  smtpserver  to voice its complaint about non-RFC-821
	format MAIL FROM:
		MAIL FROM: recipient@somewhere
	( sendmail eats this, perhaps Smail too, but I much rather
	  would not side-step from RFC-821 in this respect. )

	... and many obscure core-drops eradicted, I hope.  Only time
	will tell...

		/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>

Fri Aug 25 13:24:30 1995  Matti Aarnio  <mea@nic.funet.fi>

	* Release of code version 2.99.15
	  A big pile of changes all around, summary below:

	* Incorporated (finally!) Lehigh's AIX-port into the main source.
	  I don't know how clean it is, but...

	* hostenv/Linux, hostenv/OSF1v3.0-Alpha, hostenv/OSF1v3.2-Alpha:
	    Added "MMAP=", and "STRERRNO=" for Alphas, "STRERRNO="
	    only for Linux (on which the mmap() is a bit troublesome..)
	    Added also "RESOLV_LIB=-lresolv" to Alphas.

	* doc/zmdirs.{fig,ps}, doc/zmsched1.{fig,ps}:
	    Couple pictures telling about directory, and file relations
	    within the ZMailer.

	* include/sysprotos.h:
	    DEBUG_FOPEN -things for debugging FILE * leakage..

	* libauth/authuser.c:
	    Fixed variable declarations.

	* libc/__fopen.c:
	    Compile the library always, just the USE of it is left to user
	    applications compilation.

	* libc/strerror.c:
	    Verify that error number is in valid range -- detected
	    a case of errors where the returned errno was 8800+, and
	    got most peculiar error results...

	* libsh/execute.c:
	    Small changes to ensure compilability with multiple compilers;
	    apparently somehow the optimizers (gcc-2.7.0, and DEC's
	    "cc -migrate" both on Alpha) generated skewed code, which
	    produced wrong result.

	* libsh/tregexp.c:
	    The "trace regexp", and "trace matched" (I think) regexp
	    TRACE routines produced parts of their output to wrong place
	    (to stdout via  putchar() -routine) thus causing trouble when
	    trying to trace large-scale processing.  Now all output from
	    this file goes to some "char *" -buffers, or to stderr.

	* proto/cf/aliases.cf:
	    Had one split line, and other minor changes.

	* proto/cf/aliases3.cf:
	    Yet another slightly edited version of the default "aliases.cf"
	    (untested!)

	* proto/zmailer.sh:
	    The prototype of the "zmailer" -command got rid of vestiges
	    related to "$POSTOFFICE/scheduler/" -directory.

	* router/functions.c run_listexpand():
	    New option "-p", tried to use  "router()" -entrypoint, but
	    apparently it wasn't very successfull.  Hmm..

	* router/libdb/bind.c:
	    Problems related to 64 bit machine, where "u_long" is rather
	    much larger, than expected "u_int"'s size...

	* router/rfc822.c:
	    Changed directory scheme to match that of the scheduler by
	    getting rid of "$POSTOFFICE/scheduler/" -directory

	* scheduler/agenda.c:
	    Fixes on time-stamp processing, adding up-to-date code
	    into time handling -- setting all variables that are latter
	    read from.

	* scheduler/mailq.c:
	    Got rid of "$POSTOFFICE/scheduler/", and to some extend
	    replaced it with "$POSTOFFICE/transport/".

	* scheduler/msgerror.c:
	    Use new directory/file-paths.

	* scheduler/scheduler.c:
	    Use new directory/file-paths

	    Read files from the directory into time-stampted queue
	    (with file's st_ctime), and accept into it only those
	    that are not already in processing.

	    Parse _CF_SENDER -entries from the scheduled job, and
	    use that address (well, last one of them) as an address
	    for sending error replies to.

	* scheduler/scheduler.h:
	    Replaced "int rptwait" with "int hungry", though neither
	    are in use...

	* scheduler/transport.c:
	    Use new directory/file-paths.

	    Prepare for using bi-directional communication in between
	    scheduler, and transporters -- so that scheduler starts
	    a transporter, and gives it synchronously one job at the
	    time, and waits for "#hungry\n" -message before feeding
	    another...

	* scheduler/update.c:
	    Use new directories/file-paths.

	    Support "#hungry\n" -messages

	* smtpserver/rfc821scn.c:
	    Accept domain name components.

	    Increase the  listen()  queue size.

	* smtpserver/smtpserver.c:
	    Voice complaint, when user tries to feed us:
		MAIL FROM: someone@somewhere
	    that is, when the input is against the RFC-821 syntax..

	* transports/errormail/errormail.c, transports/hold/hold.c,
	  transports/mailbox/mailbox.c, transports/sm/sm.c,
	  transports/smtp/smtp.c
	    Support the new "#hungry\n" -style "feed me" messages.

	    Fixed a couple "if (foo = faa)" vs. "if (foo == faa)"
	    errors in the source.