colons in usernames not accepted by zmailer

  I saw this question in the archives, but never saw an answer.

  The problem I'm seeing is that zmailer is rejecting mail that has a
colon in the username.  I'm trying to convert to from sendmail, which
has always accepted this address format.

  An example would be: starke:wolf@notes.worldcom.com

  The error in the router log is "Rejecting because of envelope", and the
returned mail says:

Error in "to" envelope address:

        wolf@notes.worldcom.com
        ^-missing semicolon to end mail group

 Is there some way to allow this type of address?
 If it matters, I'm using zmailer 2.99.14.

thanks for any help,
Sean
--
Sean Starke <starke@worldcom.com>                       (713) 650-6522 x42