Re: Which scheduler version?

On Wed, 31 May 1995 Nicholas_Briggs.PARC@xerox.com wrote:

> I use Zmailer 2.2, of 1992.  No one has given me a compelling reason to
> upgrade, and Matti's testing of 2.99.xx has been less than adequate. [I wish
> Rayan were still working on ZMailer, or that I had time to do it myself]

  I'm aware of some of the issues.  Matti's zmailer stuff have always
been made available on "this works for me, it may work for you" basis.  I
don't there are enough active developers (by all indications, just one)
to make available proper releases with proper testing.

  However, I use the new localnames facility a lot.  I know that is just
magic in various *.cf files.  How difficult would it be to back port this
stuff into 2.2 or 2.2.e6?  Especially given that I'm terrible at sh, and
have no good reference (looked but couldn't up with up anything).

Tom