Re: ZMailer can handle large volume

On Fri, 21 Apr 1995, Henry Timmerman wrote:
> > I use ZMailer on our most popular UNIX machine, delivering, on average, about
> > 70,000 mail msgs per day.  That means on a busy day, we're easily exceeding
> > 100,000 msgs.  This was, until a recent replacement, a 240 MIP system - and
> > the mail system had very little impact on system performance.
> [...]
> > Of course, we're running an old version: ZMailer 2.2 .
>
> I've not used ZMailer before so I grabbed the latest version I saw...
> Are you saying I should use version 2.2 instead of 2.99mea ?

Oh no - not at all.  That was merely meant to be a "your mileage may vary"
kind of thing.

-Andy

Andy Poling                              Internet: Andy.Poling@jhu.edu
UNIX Systems Programmer                  URL: http://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~andy/
Homewood Academic Computing              Voice: (410)516-8096
Johns Hopkins University (Balto, MD)     UUCP: uunet!mimsy!jhunix!andy