HELP???

I have been runing zmailer for several years now. But have just tried to
get it up and running on for one of the local service providers and have found
a number of problems. I hope that these are just stupid oversights on my
part.
1) I am running on Linux and zmailer-2.99.13
2) the problem seems to be that when mail is sent from the local system via
   the address is not created properly.
	"MAIL From:<cathie@>"
   it seems to not install the hostname???
3) if I run smtpserver as a regular deamon then it seems to die every now
   and then. I do not know why and there seems to be no identifying marks
   left in the logfile.

I have just subscribed to the mail-list so if you post any suggestions
please cc: me also.

Thanks in advance
--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (905)513-6717
Eyepoint Inc.                 ||   fax:   (905)513-6718