Capitals!

Help!

I'm running an older version of zmailer (2.2?) and have the following
trouble...

For some users the router decides to capitalise the mail address
resulting in Unix being unable to find the user account to which the mail
should go...

The very strange thing is if I run the router in interactive mode it
works just fine - no capitalisation...

What it may look like is that mail has come in from a machine like a vax
with capital letters, which causes the first case of not finding the
user, then the mailer remebers these capitals and uses them fro
subsequent routers...  Is this at all possible - I hope not!

I'm running on a spart staion 20 with sunos & nis running.

Any ideas ...?  Or sugestinons to help me track the bugger down... which
is made a lot more awkward by the router behaving well in interactive mode..

Looking in the routers log file shows the address starting off in lower
case and then being turn into upper case won the <from> => <to> line
where from & to a re substituted by the ral email addressses..

Thanks

Aid

PS  : Soory about the typing this was done on a plamtop over a dailup
linkk!!!