Re: Problems with scheduler

I have the similar problem on zmailer-2.99.13.  If a message is sent
to multiple recipents on multiple hosts,  the scheduler starts transport
agents to deliver only some of these addresses while the remaining
are NEVER to schedule.  I am quite sure that the unscheduled addresses
are deliverable (the site is not down).  Also, according to the mailq,
some of these report "(waiting for channel slot, expires in xxx)" status.
However, 'ps' shows channels is still available for that address.  Anyway
I have increased no. of channels but it doesn't help.

I restart scheduler very frequent and hope to get rid of these.  However...

Could anyone explain the scheduling algorithm for the scheduler?  It seems
that it's not FIFDeliver.  I observe that whenever one message is placed
into the scheduler directory, it will immediately deliver regardless of any
messages was queueing up.

-- Ken Lai