Re: routes file doesn't work ?

> Hi all,
> I tried to add entry
> .bitnet		smtp!earn.cvut.cz
>
> into routes file. So every mail I send to *.bitnet should be forwarded to
> earn.cvut.cz. But it's not... where I did a mistake ?
> Our domain is ke.sanet.sk. I found that search list for MX is
> ke.sanet.sk, sanet.sk  and there is defined mail exchanger * for sanet.sk
> every mail i send to *.bitnet returns with
>
> *.bitnet.sanet.sk ...unknown.

	Yes, that is a bit unexpected..

	".BITNET", and think ".UUCP" -pseudo-domains are treated
	specially.

	In my  /etc/mail.conf  I have these:

	# rrouter.cf uses these..
	: ${BITNETACTION:="smtp fiport.funet.fi"}
	: ${UUCPACTION:="smtp mail.eunet.fi"}

	... though  nic.funet.fi  is also FINFILES.BITNET, AND
	does full BITNET routing, thus the "BITNETACTION" will
	not be used.

> I use zmailer 2.97. Is error in DNS (*.sanet.sk MX ...) or by me ?

	In the missing documentation...

	/Matti Aarnio	<mea@nic.funet.fi>