Re: Code questions...

>   I have a couple of questions/comments about the zmailer source (2.99.10),
> so if you have a minute or two....

	Yup, Emacs contains the ZMailer sources at the moment :-)
	(Most of the OSF/1 Alpha-stuff, that I have been working with is
	 now finished --  hamsterix.funet.fi :-)  )

>   - I discovered that my scheduler zombie problem is related to the fact
> that a process is forked to handle mailq requests, but there isn't a
> designated wait call for it, it seems like it gets reaped purely by chance
> by waitandclose() (transport.c) whenever readfrom() is called.   Also,
> ipcpause()  (transport.c) doesn't appear to ever be called...  why?

	I do need to rewrite the whole scheduler, as it is now it is
	pretty sub-optimal  -- but to get anything for the masses,
	I start with patching the current system.

	The idea on forking the mailq() is to run it async with the
	main server, but apparently something is missing..

>   - smtpserver appears to allow SMTP sessions in the DATA part to stay open
> for 24 hours?!?  This seems odd.  It appears to be a simple change to put an
> alarm call within the header processing, and data processing loop in order
> to timeout SMTP sessions after 20 minutes of no data.  Would this be a good
> idea, or is there a better way?

	I moved the alarm()s inside the  mvdata(),  and within it
	do re-arm the alarm after each kilobyte.  Will 10 minutes
	be enough for the kilobyte ?  I think it will be :-)

> Tom

	/Matti Aarnio