Has anybody ever figured out why header lines containing addresses (To:
From: etc.) with comments containing"(" and ")" cause the router to die a
terrible death?

I have some Start Trek fans who keep managing to nuke all 9 of our
routers because they love to use comments within comments.  And it really
should be able to handle it.

Even if I can find out how it's been fixed in the mea-* code (has it
been?), I could probably apply that fix to the 2.2 code...

-Andy

Andy Poling                              Internet: Andy.Poling@jhu.edu
UNIX Systems Programmer                  URL: http://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~andy/
Homewood Academic Computing              Voice: (410)516-8096
Johns Hopkins University (Balto, MD)     UUCP: uunet!mimsy!jhunix!andy