> >Hello:
>
> >	Has anyone seen this behavior ...
>
> >16491w  EHLO list.cren.net
> >16491r  500 Huh?
> >16491w  HELO list.cren.net
> >16491r  220 All set, fire away
> >16491w  EHLO list.cren.net
> >16491r  500 Huh?
>
> >It seems to happen when zmailer and MSMAIL get together.  It appears
> >that the 220 ... is confusing ZMAILER, I thought the correct code was
> >250 ? But 220 should work no ...

	There should be no actual difference in acceptance of 220/250 codes.
	Both produce "EX_OK" status from the   smtpwrite(), and thus they
	should work the same.

>  I have zmailer and MSMAIL working.. MSMAIL is brain damaged in that it DROPS the connection
> after the first EHLO... Soo, I had to make the following changes
>
>  1) ESMTP greeting
>
> 	- the ESMTP 'EHLO' was not recognized by Microsoft's SMTP gateway.
> 	  When the EHLO greeting was sent, it would drop the connection, or
> 	  so it seemed. I looked at the code in transports/smtp/smtp.c and
> 	  had to make the following change:
>
>    This is on 2.97mea.

	Oops, I forgot that path completely..  Mostly because I STILL
	do think that the ESMTP does not demand system initial banner
	to report ESMTP capability.   There are systems (including
	ZMailer), which do so, but also systems which don't indicate,
	that they can speak ESMTP...

> *** transports/smtp/smtp.c.old  Fri Nov 18 09:51:49 1994
> --- transports/smtp/smtp.c      Mon Dec  5 13:16:47 1994
> ***************
> *** 930,935 ****
> --- 930,943 ----

	For 2.97mea those are valid, for 2.98mea the stuff is somewhere
	closer to line 1170 ...

> 2) change scheduler.conf in the smtp case to the following..
>

> # Connections to the outside shouldn't duplicate effort so we only allow one
> # per destination.
> smtp/*          maxchannel=10
>                 maxhosts=1
>                 gangschedule
>                 command="smtp -E 600 -sl ${LOGDIR}/smtp $host"
>                               ^^^^^^^

	The "600" there is because of a missing "break;" on the getopt()
	parser on the 'E' -branch. (2.98 fixed it!)

	/Matti Aarnio	<mea@nic.funet.fi>