Re: router saved messages

In a message from Andy Poling:

>On Tue, 6 Dec 1994, Trevor Paquette wrote:
>>  every once in awhile I get the following from the router log..
>> squirrel: 137380 saved for inspection: external message claims local origin!
>> *** external message claims local origin!
>>
>>  what causes this? and is it possible to fix it?

We saw this message running ZMAILER and using the system mailmethod of
submitting Listproc mail messages to ZMAILER.  After we changed to using the
sendmail method and identd we see a fake header message going out in our mail.

This is probably because there is no username on the UN*X machine running the
mail processor - only aliases.  The mail is also from envelope user server and
message from is <listname>.

There is probably a good way to do this but I am content that this is working
well for us...

 - Terry Combs                          Appalachian State University
   combstm@appstate.edu (Internet)      Boone, NC  28608
   combstm@appstate     (Bitnet)        (704)262-6297  FAX= 262-2236