[Raw Msg Headers][Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Just a note of thanks to the people who replied to my past questions..
The one about stripping off the SMTP: from the MS-Mail headers was solved by
(SMTP:)(.*) address="\2" # kill stupid MSMAIL header crap
to the rrouter.cf file.
Next question.. headers leaving our site look like the following..
>>> From @pandora.aec.ca:firstname.lastname@example.org Wed Nov 30 10:20:07 1994
>>> Return-Path: <@pandora.aec.ca:email@example.com>
>>> To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
>>> Subject: test from firstname.lastname@example.org
>>> Date: Wed, 30 Nov 94 09:51:00 PST
>>> Message-Id: <2EDCBBDF@clavin017.aec.ca>
>>> Encoding: 4 TEXT
>>> X-Mailer: Microsoft Mail V3.0
>>> Status: R
(1) How did this get in the from header?? mail coming from msmail.aec.ca goes
to mailhost.aec.ca, which forwards all 'world' mail to pandora.aec.ca for
delivery. I do not want pandora to add this information to the header.
(2) This one is more compleated. Where is the Return-Path line set? I need two
things changed for this.
1) tpaquett -> TrevorPaquette (changed via a table lookup)
2) msmail.aec.ca -> aec.ca (changed via a table lookup)
The resulting Return-Path should be TrevorPaquette@aec.ca
Actually the From line should read the same as well..
**NOTE: I can't get the fullnames database to work either.. When the mail comes
it only gets the unknown username trevorpaquette error. I do have
"trevorpaquette tpaquett" in the fullnames file.
(3) where did the extra quotes come from?
(4) where did the extra tabs/spaces come from?
I am keeping track of all the work I have done, so I will post my changes to this group
so that others can benefit.