Locking problem.....

I'm having some problems with zmailer and locking under Solaris 2.2. I'm using
the current Toronto version of zmailer.

We're delivering mail directly to /home/<user name>/Inbox and we're using the
NCD Zmail as the mail reader. For some reason, we see Zmail hanging frequently.
The problem seems to be that there's a lock file created in /var/mail and it
just sits there forever. Sometimes we can clear things up temporarily by
manually removing it.

What options do I have for locking using zmailer? I'd like to do locking using
a lock file in the users home directory. Something like Inbox.lock would be
perfect. But I don't see how to set that. Does zmailer support any way of doing
this?

Thanks, Torben