[Raw Msg Headers][Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Mail to Program disallowed
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Mail to Program disallowed
- From: Matti Aarnio <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 1994 08:51:28 +0300
- In-Reply-To: <94Aug24.firstname.lastname@example.org> from "Matti Aarnio" at Aug 24, 94 08:45:37 am
> Don't know why this began happening but where is this configurable.
> local listproc "|/user/home/lisstproc/catmail -r -f" 65534>: mail to program disallowed
File defining "listproc" has too wide priviledges for the
taste of the router -- or its directory has..
That "65534" is "nobody" in your machine, and "nobody" can
run programs, nor write to arbitary file. (Mailbox writing
is ok, though.)
How you define it ? $MAILVAR/lists/listproc, or on
$MAILVAR/db/aliases, or something else ? Check file
protection to be 644 or more restrictive, and directory
protection to be 755 or more restrictive.
These are configurable by editing router/conf.c
variables filepriv_mask_dir, and filepriv_mask_reg
See associated comments.
> Running 2.9.3 940816...
/Matti Aarnio <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>