more zmailer bugs?

Since we switched to zmailer on our Sun SPARCsation 10 running SunOS 4.1.3U1,
we've encountered numerous problems.  Some of the more serious ones are:

1)	/var/spool/mail inboxes owned by someone other than recipient.
	Usually owned by someone else in the same group.

2)	messages are bounced back randomly to the sender with the error
	<local - user 65534>: message file is missing(!), you should \
	                                                resend your message
	The scheduler log shows:

	/usr/local/packages/zmailer/lib/ta/mailbox: 49132/179/error \
		message file is missing(!), you should resend your message

	mailbox: Cannot open message file "../queue/37838"! (m)
		open failed errno=45 fd=28880

	I added the errno and fd for debugs.   45 is "Operation not supported
	on socket"  Is there a synchronization problem going on here such
	that the queue file is deleted before the scheduler has delivered all
	local mail?

3) 	router kept dying when DNS repeatedly failed for a host:
	*** dns.Hawaii.Net can't find phymat.bham.ac.uk: Server failed

4)	Also, not as serious, but I haven't seen an answer (or an answer that
	works) regarding zmailer not doing a "union" on the final list of
	recipients to avoid extra copies of messages to the same recipient.

Any hints would be most welcome.

        Julio Polo
        University of Hawaii Computing Center
        2565 The Mall, Keller Hall