Re: Date mail header rewriting and RFC822

Matthias Urlichs:
> Removing the timezone and replacing it with its equivalent (e.g, MET with
> +0100, NOT with whatever zone you happen to be in) is OK, and makes some
> sense.

Except, this sort of rewriting loses information too.  Eg, you can't
tell if -0700 is MST or PDT in the US.  But of course, using anything
other than +nnnn becomes an awkward maintenance problem.

Aren't people supposed to be encouraged to use "-0700 (MST)" for
timezone format?  I haven't been paying attention.