A deep question about some functions

 We're having header address rewrite problems on BITNET-originated mail
that can be traced to the 'internet' header function not rewriting addresses
such as
	user@BITNETHOST
into
	user@BITNETHOST.BITNET
or	user%bitnethost.bitnet@OURHOST
(pick your favorite poison).

 One approach to beating this, and the one I think I prefer, is to make
focus (in canonicalize) notice and fix these addresses; alternately, they
could be fixed one level up in canonicalize, or even in internet itself;
unfortunately, each step up seems to involve more pain and effort (I
really don't want to have to run the router function and pick apart the
result).

 Has anyone already had to fight this? Any clever solutions? I could just
blindly glue on .BITNET, but I have to worry about clever UUCP sites as
well.

	- cks