Re: mailing to files

At one time I wrote:

  I have an alias that spools messages to file.  Something has changed on my
  system in the last day that results in the error message:

  <local - /home/admin/ists/mail/enquiries 29999>: mail to file disallowed

  I don't want to spend too much time tracing down the problem and also don't
  want to drop any mail.

  Can someone offer some pointers as to how I might fix this.

Turned out to be a problem with the permissions on some directories in
$MAILSHARE (I think)

Thanks to those that replied and set me off on the right track.

--
Michael Roberts
Institute for Space and Terrestrial Science           email: roberts@ists.ca