ZMAILER installation problems

  I am trying to install ZMailer 2.2 on a Sun SPARC server running
SunOS 4.1.3.  I ran both make and make install but at least a couple
of programs(newaliases and zmailer) weren't installed by it into
$MAILBIN.  I went to the proto directory and ran a make install there
which did install newaliases and zmailer into $MAILBIN.  Has anyone
else had this problem?  Also, do the standard mail reading programs
such as Sun's mail program work with ZMailer?
              Thanks, Gordon Kido

Gordon Kido
NWAC, Corona, CA, US
E-mail: gordon@nwac.sea06.navy.mil