Re: router error ?

On Wed, 13 Oct 1993, Marco Hernandez wrote:
> 	I am getting the following error on my mail, it still goes out though
> but was wondering what this was all about.
>
> yukon router [173]: XXXXX saved for inspection: external message claims local
> origin !

It means that a mail message was received via an external mechanism
(usually SMTP) with a FROM address on your machine.  For example, POP
clients sending mail.

-Andy

Andy Poling                              Internet: andy@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu
UNIX Systems Programmer                  Bitnet: ANDY@JHUNIX
Homewood Academic Computing              Voice: (410)516-8096
Johns Hopkins University                 UUCP: uunet!mimsy!aplcen!jhunix!andy