zmailer under ultrix 4.2

Hello:
    I've been trying to get zmailer 2.2 to work under ultrix 4.2. The
    compilation went fine, but unfortunately the router fails to work.
    Following the installation notes after compilation I ran

    router -i
    ZMailer router (2.2 #15: Sat Oct 16 00:29:52 NDT 1993)
      matthew@kilo.engr.mun.ca:/nfs/nano/src/lsrc/mail/zmailer/router
      Copyright 1992 Rayan S. Zachariassen

    z# router matthew

    This core dumped.  Upon inspection with a debugger I discovered
    that it was stuck in an interpret/execute/run_command loop.  Has
    anyone got any ideas/fixes/help about how to go about tackling this
    problem?

    Matthew
---
Matthew Newhook (matthew@engr.mun.ca)       |  "...get on with the fascination
Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science  |  the real relation, the underlying
Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada |  theme" - Limelight, Rush