Re: makendbm

After some timing, I found that the inconvenience/cost of using ndbm
is high relative to sorted text files (relation -t ordered) unless one
is inserting data directly into the ndbm database (and such insertions
are frequent).

In fact, for pathalias output on the full maps, I found it MUCH faster
to build a sorted file than to build an ndbm database (doubtless
something to do with disk seeks, random access and buffered output)

	Mark.