building zmailer on Sun

I have been trying for a week now to get zmailer
up and running on a Sun IPX SunOS 4.1.3

I am following the install instructions to the letter, but
with no luck.

No errors in the compile. When I send a message to myself,
the message appears in the postoffice/router directory and
a record of the message appears in the log directory
in the router file.

But the scheduler file says
	No 'mailq' tcp service defined!
scheduler: exit(0): signal

I have the mailq 174/tcp entry in /etc/services and
I set the mailq program to be setuid root.

I'm running Yellow Pages.

Should I keep trying?  Will this mailer work in such
an environment?  I'm at my wits end and need to get
a mailer up very soon.

Please help!

TIA
Tim Arnold
Tim Arnold                      Instructional Computing
Internet: arnold@stat.ncsu.edu  North Carolina State Univ.
BITNET  : ARNOLD@NCSUSTAT       Dept. of Statistics, Raleigh NC 27695
Phone   : 919 515 2584          FAX: 919 515 7591