Re: smtpserver: aborted (-1c) ??

> I can't figure what this code means that I keep getting.  Any ideas
> on what's happening?
>
> Oct 28 07:36:46 kahala smtpserver: aborted (-1c) from witsvma.wits.ac.za/6642: session terminated

  Idea yes.  That happens when SMTP server is at command prompt phase
(as opposed to DATA ... CRLF . CRLF -phase) and connection is broken without
proper QUIT -command.  This happens especially with extremely slow SMTP
connections  -- ZA-domain (Republic of South Africa) has internet connectivity
of sorts -- feels like 19.2kbps with 1000% (10**3) saturation...

  Furthermore WITSVMA is an IBM mainframe with VM/SP CMS (or that style)
and that smtp-client of theirs is NOT very kind for various connectivity
problems...

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@utu.fi>