smtpserver: VRFY

I just found out something fairly disturbing about smtpserver: to put
it charitably, the VRFY command is broken.  It's quite happy to say
"local delivery for" anything you want to throw at it.  I understand
the rationale for this, but since VRFY, after all, is intended for
use by people trying to find out what's going on rather than by
programs, I strongly suggest that the text of the message be
changed (if the command can't be made to work correctly, that
is, and I accept that that may be too hard):

<<< VRFY fonebone
>>> 250 Cannot VFRY address, but will accept message and attempt delivery

[PS: Chris S: VRFY is different from EXPN.  EXPN works.  At least part
of the time.]

OK,
John.