From:   "Mr. James Boney (CADIG STAFF)" <boney>
To:     boney
Subject:  test
Date:   Fri, 11 Sep 1992 08:55:33 -0400

But when I send it from a machine that will have to smtp it to our
mailserver it works fine.  As in the following message header from a
machine called caddyshack.

From:   "Mr. James Boney (CADIG STAFF)" <boney@usna.navy.mil>
To:     boney@usna.navy.mil
Date:   Fri, 11 Sep 1992 09:36:02 -0400

This would not be a problem except for our mail reading program (msg) does
not like when there is no domain name in the '<>' at the end of the from
line.  And when someone replies it does the following

to <boney>@usna.navy.mil
instead of
to <boney@usna.navy.mil>

If anyone has any idea of how I can change it so during local delivery it
will append the domain name to the end of the from and to line please let me know.

                                        -Thanks
                                         boney@usna.navy.mil